Saturday, August 14, 2010

The day finally came!


On Monday July 26, I was admitted to Alta View Hospital around 10:00 pm. Since the next day was my due date, and my blood pressure was still high they decided to induce me. I was so ready to be done, so I was ok with this. The game me a pill to help induce my labor. They told me that there was no chance I would progress fast enough for anything to happen till the morning. So I sent my mom home. The goal was to be dilated to a 4 by 8 am, so that he could break my water then! So we all went to bed for the night. Well at 1:30 am the nurse came in and told me she could not give me the next dose of medicine because my contractions were to close. So I got up to use the restroom, and yup my water broke! Trying to be as tough as I could, I told her I did not need me epidural yet. The pains began to get stronger, and stronger. Well a few minutes later the nurse came back into the room and told me that if I wanted my mom there for the epidural that I needed to call her now! She said that within the next 30 minutes, I would need to get it! So I called my mom and before I knew it she was there! As soon as she walked in they came in to give me the epidural, ( This is what I was the most scared about, and to be honest it didn't hurt that bad.) At this point the nurses knew that Stephen was in the army and was not going to be there for the birth. They knew that it was going to be a girls party! So she asked how long we needed to make sure that all of the girls got here in time, well we told her an hour, and she said you need to call them NOW! So my mom got on the phone and called everyone, they all showed up as cute as can be. Even Cynthia with her two different shoes on! But she didn't miss a thing. Well I went from a 2 to an 8 in about 20 minutes! Then I got stuck at a 9.5 for an hour. After waiting for a while, Anderson's heart rate started to drop every time I would have a contraction, it then started to stay down for longer than my contractions would last. So they called Dr. Smith and he came rushing to the hospital! He told me that I could wait one more hour, or I could have a C-section. I asked him which would be healthier for the baby. I didn't want to put Anderson in danger! So we decided on a C-section. At 6:11 he joined us on this earth. He weighed 6 pounds and 14 ounces!
Stephen did not know that I had gone into labor even, well good timing he called 2 hours after I had Anderson and we were able to talk for a few minutes! We are so lucky!
I am thankful for my amazing family who was there to support me! My mom stayed at the hospital with me for 4 days! I could not have done it alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment